Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Sometimes You Gotta Jump...



 It's been a really bad week.  Some weeks are like that.  The reason doesn't matter.  What does matter are reminders of what I believe.  I believe there is a loving God who is aware of us all, I believe we all have choices, I believe the very best of people get off track in life, I believe we hurt others without meaning to, and I know that sometimes others hurt us.  Life is not always happy, fair, right, or good.  Sometimes, life just sucks.  I mean, it really, really sucks---more than we ever thought possible.

Without knowing the particular pain I'm going through, a good friend shared this link with me.  I love it.  It is so real and good and clear.  Watch it, and let me know if you find it inspiring.  I think "jumping" can mean different things to different people.  Sometimes it can mean a job change, sometimes it can mean forgiving someone, sometimes it can mean trying something new, sometimes it can mean staying put when everyone else is changing.  Watch it, see if it means something to you.


 Steve Harvey's Lesson to "Jump"






We had such a fantastic time on our recent trip to Utah.  Our kids have grown up in sub-tropical Guangzhou, so the concept of autumn w...