Tuesday, December 7, 2010

L.O.V.E

Are any of us guilty of taking love for granted?  I hope not.  There aren't too many things more important than LOVE!  Yes, it comes in all forms but recently I have been blissfully aware of just how grateful I am for romantic love---and just much I love my darling husband, William.  I am truly blessed to be William's wife.  The fact that we have three wonderful kids, as well, just sends me over the moon with gratitude.


I think sometimes people downplay marriage and family---people treat romantic love as something "sappy", when---if we're honest with ourselves---it really is at the core of what most, if not all, of us want out of life.  What could be trivial about true love?  To love and be loved, to be completely known and accepted by the person to whom we've given our heart is a blessing beyond words.  Those of us lucky enough to have it in our lives should be thanking our lucky stars every day!

So, that's what I'm doing, I guess.  I'm taking this opportunity to declare my love for William, my truly exceptional husband.  I suppose "LOVE" is not a big enough word to captrue how I feel about him, but until the universe comes up with a better word, it will have to do. 

So, now it's your turn.  Decide today to declare your love for someone---romantic or otherwise.  Let the person know.  Let the world know!  And never take the precious gift of LOVE for granted.

We had such a fantastic time on our recent trip to Utah.  Our kids have grown up in sub-tropical Guangzhou, so the concept of autumn w...